Security Clearance: Secret (TS Maybe Required)
Clearance Status: Must US Citizen
Schedule: Full Time
Shift Work: None
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: 0%
IZ Technologies will be supporting information technology (IT) services to support the mission of the 5th Signal Command/U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR) G6 within the USAREUR, U.S. European Command (EUCOM), and U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs). We will provide operation, maintenance and supply support of communications and information systems under the purview of the 5th Signal Command, its subordinate units, other military services, and customers of the 5th Signal Command. We are responsible to provide all management, administration, personnel, services, parts, supplies, tools, overtime, travel, training, and equipment required to perform the operation, maintenance, and repair of communication facilities, systems, and equipment. Additional duties will be to install and de-install equipment, perform supply functions, and provide logistics support.
This position will provide O&M support of commercial communications systems in forward deployed locations. The communications systems support 24x7 operational requirements of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). There is limited logistical support on these sites. IZ Technologies personnel are authorized Government-provided on-site APO mail support and may utilize a Government dining facility for a fee. Medical treatment is provided from the host nation treatment facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities for the Information Systems Operations Specialist are listed below and representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Provide Tier I and II support to all users.
- Troubleshooting all government approved software to include designated operating systems and office productivity suites, computer workstations, peripheral devices, printers, scanners, monitors, plug in devices, CAT 5/6, RJ-11, RJ-45 termination, and basic fiber optic connecivity.
- Maintain documentation to detail site specific IT supported services; processes, configurations, access controls, systems, networks, equipment and diagrams through Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Architecture Views and other COR approved format.
- Provide O&M and systems and network administration of the associated NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and other network equipment located in the communications facility.
- Ensure all communications equipment and IS are operational IAW C4IM performance standards, DISAC 310-130-2, AR 25-2, AE Sup 1 to AR25-2, NETCOM Regulation 415-3, and USAREUR IA polices.
- Perform maintenance inspections at least once per month for all network components to optimize network performance.
- Coordinate scheduled PMCS.
- Monitor networks for availability and reliability and take immediate action to restore networks during unscheduled outages.
- Report all network outages to the COR, FCO, and appropriate battalion S-3 and provide hourly updates on the status and recovery of systems.
- Ensure installation or expansion for network devices or computer systems comply with local installation security requirements, including physical requirements, network (hardware/software) requirements.
Training and Eductation:
- Qualified candidates shall have an Associate of Science degree in Electronics; Information Systems; Computer Science or other related scientific or technical discipline from an accredited US college or university.
- In the absence of an Associate degree, the individual must have the completion of an equivalent civilian or US military school in telecommunication/information systems operations and maintenance support as well as an additional five (5) years of experience.
- Qualified candidates shall have a minimum of five (5) years of specialized experience in operations and maintenance support of information/telecommunication. A Bachelors of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related scientific or technical discipline will be considered equivalent to two years experience.
- Includes progressive responsibilities in information systems operations and maintenance support.
- Current knowledge and continuous experience in the field of information and telecommunications systems and managing large-scale voice, video teleconferencing, secure switching, transmission, and data networks.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in the operations and maintenance support management of multiple complex systems.
- Ability to perform IA functions is a plus.
- These positions require a US Secret security clearance.
- Additional duties may require administration rights on the military data networks then a US Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Individual must have experience with Information and Telecommunications Systems, to include hands-on experience with various encryption devices, test equipment, server and workstation applications, and USAREUR Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Individuals must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language to include the ability to comprehend and interpret complex technical data.
- Our employees must be able to qualify for and operate lightweight trucks and passenger carrying type vehicles.
- Security+, MCTS or MCP
All qualified applicants please send resumes to email@example.com
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer