Security Clearance: Secret (TS Maybe Required)
Clearance Status: Must US Citizen
Schedule: Full Time
Shift Work: None
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: 0%
IZ Technologies will be supporting information technology (IT) services to support the mission of the 5th Signal Command/U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR) G6 within the USAREUR, U.S. European Command (EUCOM), and U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs). We will provide operation, maintenance and supply support of communications and information systems under the purview of the 5th Signal Command, its subordinate units, other military services, and customers of the 5th Signal Command. We are responsible to provide all management, administration, personnel, services, parts, supplies, tools, overtime, travel, training, and equipment required to perform the operation, maintenance, and repair of communication facilities, systems, and equipment. Additional duties will be to install and de-install equipment, perform supply functions, and provide logistics support.
This position will provide O&M support of commercial communications systems in forward deployed locations. The communications systems support 24x7 operational requirements of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). There is limited logistical support on these sites. IZ Technologies personnel are authorized Government-provided on-site APO mail support and may utilize a Government dining facility for a fee. Medical treatment is provided from the host nation treatment facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities for the Satellite Communications System Specialist are listed below and representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Operate and maintain all SATCOM terminals and equipment supporting MDA mission data and administrative communications missions.
- Maintain a stock of spare components and report sparing requirements to the supporting signal battalion Government Technical Monitor.
- Provide configuration management of equipment and weekly reporting on the health of satellite links. Configuration management includes documenting and maintaining accuracy of site drawings (floor plan, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams, power single line) and equipment settings. The weekly link status report will capture the following information: current link status as of publication of report, uptime for 7 day period, CRC errors, Receive Bit Error Rate, and Receive RF Signal Quality.
- Configuration TACLANE and other cryptographic devices such as KIV-7s and Simple Key Loaders (SKLs) to include key management.
- Provide PMSC duties for non-DISA system.
- Performs the duties of a COMSEC Hand Receipt Holder; handling keying material and devices in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate services for RHN services.
Training and Eductation:
- Qualified candidates shall have an Associate of Science degree in Electronics; Information Systems; Computer Science or other related scientific or technical discipline from an accredited US college or university.
- In the absence of an Associate degree, the individual must have the completion of an equivalent civilian or US military school in satellite systems operations and maintenance support as well as an additional five (5) years of experience.
- Qualified candidates shall have a minimum of three (3) years of specialized experience in operations and maintenance support of satellite systems. A Bachelors of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related scientific or technical discipline will be considered equivalent to two years experience.
- Must be proficient with operations and maintenance of Ku, Ka, and X band terminals
- Includes progressive responsibilities in sattelite systems operations and maintenance support.
- Current knowledge and continuous experience in the field of information and telecommunications systems and large-scale voice, video teleconferencing, secure switching, transmission, and data networks.
- Demonstrates proven expertise in the operations and maintenance support management of multiple complex systems.
- Ability to perform IA functions is a plus.
- Understand signal flow and end-to-end configuration diagrams for satellite circuits.
- Understand network cabling standards with the ability to install cabling systems to support network operations.
- These positions require a US Secret security clearance.
- Additional duties may require administration rights on the military data networks then a US Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Individual must have experience with Information and Telecommunications Systems, to include hands-on experience with various encryption devices, test equipment, server and workstation applications, and USAREUR Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Individuals must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language to include the ability to comprehend and interpret complex technical data.
- Our employees must be able to qualify for and operate lightweight trucks and passenger carrying type vehicles.
- Security+, MCTS or MCP
All qualified applicants please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer