Location: Norfolk, VA
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must US Citizen and Eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Shift Work: None
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: 0%
IZ Technologies is looking for personnel to support the Navy Public Affairs Support Element (NPASE). Their mission is to train, equip, and employ expeditionary public affairs (PA) forces that support fleet and component Commanders with scalable and immediate deployable force packages with current and emerging PA and visual information (VI). This includes providing individuals and detachments which are trained in PA and VI operational and tactical planning execution and assessment; broadcast and print journalism; multi-media production; and specialized hand-held imaging capabilities that documents force deployments and activities of the Navy, and when tasked to other services, for the attainment of naval, military and national objectives.
IZ Technologies will be providing management, administrative and technical support services to Navy Public Affairs and Visual Information (PA/VI) units. Support Services shall be provided in the areas of Equipment and Logistics Management; Operational Planning and Execution; Training and Readiness; Inventory Management; Imagery Archiving; Project Management and Administrative Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities for the Training Analyst are listed below and representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Identify training support necessary to ensure deploying personnel can effectively operate all required PA/VI equipment and schedule training with deployable personnel if needed.
- Ensure that the required training is conducted with the necessary personnel at the time and location as determined by the COR.
- Training support for PA/VI related systems/equipment is required and the contractor shall have an established and approved training program with the objective of maintaining trained and qualified deployable personnel. The training shall focus on user operation of PA/VI equipment, computers, and software.
- Assess the comprehension and capability of expeditionary PA/VI personnel to ensure they are capable of operating PA/VI equipment and systems as required for specific missions.
- Utilize multiple databases to monitor personnel training and development such as Fleet Training Management and Planning System (FLTMPS), Navy Knowledge Online (NKO), Total Workforce Management System (TWMS), Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS), and Advanced Skills Management (ASM).
- Manage the Advanced Skills Management (ASM) system and serve as the on-site representative between ASM headquarters support staff and NPASE.
- Create all personnel accounts, assign and approve proper permissions within the system, build/update training and readiness task lists as deemed necessary, and provide system support and training to NPASE personnel as needed.
- Coordinate with Officers-in-Charge, Readiness Officer, Operations Officer and detachment Training Officers to identify billet NEC fit/fill requirements and liaise with Navy detailers and DINFOS quota control personnel to secure required training quotas.
Required Skills, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Communication or related field from an accredited college or university OR three (3) or more years of experience in providing Naval Training and Development
- At least two (2) years of successfully providing Mission Training and Readiness
- Demonstrated ability to establish training needs, developing goals and objectives, and tracking/monitoring training progress of personnel
- Must have experience in Fleet Training Management and Planning System (FLTMPS), Navy Knowledge Online (NKO), Total Workforce Management System (TWMS), and Advanced Skills Management (ASM).
- Must be able to maintain Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret clearance
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
All qualified applicants please send resumes to email@example.com
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer